Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Manic Panic Voodoo Blue Review

Hello! Oh yes, it's already Christmas Eve. :D

Anyway, I planned to dye my hair this Christmas break and I had a hard time choosing what color should I buy.

I already knew what I brand I want to buy, so I just need to find a local online store which carries the product that I want.

So, in the search for an online store which sells MANIC PANIC HAIR DYE, I found Pizzazz Republic. Yey!



PIZZAZZ REPUBLIC is a Philippine-based online shop which sells Manic Panic, Special effects and Punky semi-permanent hair colors in the Philippines since 2009.

And so, I choose a color that's already on-hand or ready to ship. Because I'm so excited and I can't wait. HAHAH. I chose MANIC PANIC VOODOO BLUE.



I chose MANIC PANIC VOODOO BLUE because I want to get a blue green/turquoise effect. I don't want a solid blue color on my hair.

From Manic Panic website:
Manic Panic® hair color is the best of its kind. We use superior ingredients that are guaranteed Vegan and PPD free. MANIC PANIC® SEMI-PERMANENT HAIR COLOR contains no animal ingredients and is tested on celebrities, not animals™

Maria, the owner, is so accommodating. When I texted her asking if Voodoo blue is still available she promptly replied and said it's still available. I also asked her a favor, if she can reserve my order until mid-December (I texted her mid-November). And she was super kind, she told me that she can hold my order until the said time. Oh thank you, Maria! :D

These are my orders:
1 jar of MANIC PANIC Voodoo Blue
1 BLEACHING KIT contains:
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 hair dye brush w/comb
- 1 pack of bleaching powder
- 1 bottle of oxidizing cream

Great thing is that I got a freebie, it's an Aroma Hair Therapy Cream. Sweet, right?

So mid-December came, I got my package and dyed my hair last December 21. Here's what I did:

- Shampooed my hair.
- Bleached my hair from dark brown to golden yellow for 1 hour and 30 mins. (I want paler color than this to achieve the perfect blue green effect.)
- Rinsed my hair and put on conditioner. (I'm afraid my hair got toasted, fortunately not.)
- Let my hair dry.
- Applied Manic Panic Voodoo Blue. (My sister helped me.)
- Let it sit for an hour and rinsed thoroughly until water became a bit clear.

And this is what I've achieved:


You can still notice some dark brown and golden yellow strands of my hair. I guess one jar is not enough for a hair this long like mine. It's just past-shoulder-length.

It looks a bit greenish than blue. But I'm happy with the result. :D

I love my Christmas Hair! :D

VERDICT
Pros:
- Vegan
- PPD free 
- No foul smell
- Easy to wash away from skin

Cons:
- Pricey
- Needs a lot of jars for those with long hair
- Only available online (for Philippine residents)

Will buy again?
YES! I would love to try other colors next year. :D

You can reach Pizzazz Republic thru the following:
Email: hello@PizzazzRepublic.com
SMS: 09228086369

You can also check Manic Panic's website: http://www.manicpanic.com/

If you have questions, suggestions or other concern, you can send me a message using the contact form on your right or comment below. I will be glad to answer. :D

Happy Holidays everyone! Please always remember that Jesus is the reason for the season. :D



23 comments:

  1. wow, looks interesting!! i wonder, how long does a dye like this last? maybe after a while of trying it out you could write about it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saori! :D
      Semi-permanent hair dyes like this lasts for 2 to 6 weeks and it fades everytime you wash your hair. Hope that helps.

      Message me anytime. :D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Holly Molly! You look super stunning! Love your hair color,it suits you. I wish i had the balls to make my hair look like yours.Let me invite you to my blog here-http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/
    I am following you,hope you follow mine too.
    Happy holidays babes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh~ Thank you! :D
      Manic Panic have a lot of colors to choose from. You can also combine different colors to create a color that will suit you best. If you want a lighter or pastel color, you can try mixing in any white conditioner available to the dye. :D

      To achieve the color that you wish to have, you should bleach your hair to the lightest color possible. :D

      I'll check your blog in a bit. Happy Holidays! :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the follow back,We should keep in touch.Buzz me on you next post.
      Have a fabulous day and thanks for the tips.
      Kisses...

      Delete
  3. Hi dear,

    I like your pretty blog, I'll be back more often =) I realize that we're following each other on bloglovin', would you like to follow each other on GFC and maybe social media?
    Let me know so I can follow you back.
    Kisses, Ana
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ana!

      Thank you! I checked out your blog and I love it! :D Let's keep in touch.
      Followed you on GFC. :D

      Delete
  4. You rock that hair color guuuurrrl! :D
    Love it! I bet you look good with red lips!

    p.s: I followed you on GFC ;)

    valencialala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valencia,

      Thank you sweetie. :D
      I think you can try red or purple hair.

      Anyway, I followed you back. Keep in touch. :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks,for your lovely words to my last post. ;-)
    Lovely greets...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcela! :D
      Followed you on GFC and Bloglovin!
      Awesome art & fashion blog!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!!
      Have a nice day!!!:)))

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty colour It looks great on you! Xx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nivii!

      Thanks!
      Followed you on GFC & Bloglovin.
      Your eyes are so pretty! :D

      Delete
  9. Hello dear!

    Thanks!
    Followed you on GFC and Bloglovin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Followed back via GFC and Bloglovin #159

    GIVEAWAY on my BLOG:

    http://www.gagcloud.com/2014/01/tamar-abuladze-studio-handpainted-t.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! the hair came out pretty nice, love the color beautiful! and great review I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back! xo Agatha

    www.ironyofashi.com

    ReplyDelete